What an amazing Stanley Cup Final series we have! It's down to a best of three, thanks in part to the Rinne Wall returning to the series. What's weird is that each game has been a blowout at some point, but yet this series is EXTREMELY close. Hopefully we get to see some OT games in this now best-of-three series!
As for jersey news, there's not much, but here at HJC we have our Open logo comp going on! We also have the regular COTW voting!
COTW May 26 - June 1 vote (ends Friday @ noon ET)
HJC Open Logo entries (due Friday @ noon ET)
On to the Concepts!
Anthony C.- Canada (IIHF)
Anthony starts us off today with the International Hockey Power house of Canada!
- Striping pattern on all three jerseys looks fantastic!
- I also really like the Wordmark on the alt!
- The sleeve length yoke works really well here
- I also like the design on all the equipment
- The logo on the main jerseys is a little small
- I also don't like the tiny sleeve cuff on the main jerseys. The will be hidden under the gloves, so they're basically pointless
- You also forgot socks...
Dino W.- Finland (IIHF)
Dino continues with another international concept, this time for Finland!
- I like the shoulder yoke design!
- I also like the coat of arms logo as a shoulder patch
- I also like the block font
- The striping of the jersey leaves much to be desired... The navy really blends in with the light blue, and both jerseys just look really bare...
- I'd also like to see equipment
Jets96- Peoria Rivermen (Defunct AHL)
Jets96 moves us from international hockey to American! Well the American Hockey League anyways!
- I really like the sock pattern!
- The striping design is very similar to their jerseys when they were affiliated with the Blues, so I like the homage to those "distant" days...
- This is certainly Original
- There is good balance between all the elements
- The half and half pants certainly is a creative Idea, but it doesn't really work...
- The whole design is a mess... This is like the Avs + the Flames on Steroids...
- I don't like the logo choice. There are better ones out there for the Rivs. The shoulder patches are also WAY too small
- You're also missing the AHL branding on the back hem
Jets 96- Iowa Chops (Defunct AHL)
We continue with old AHL teams, as Jets updates the Iowa Chops!
- The Chops had one of the best brands in the AHL, I think anyways, so it's nice to see them return!
- I like the ditching of the "CHOPS" wordmark under the logo...
- I also like the shoulder patches
- The stripes on the gloves are also pretty cool...
- The original Chops jerseys were nearly identical to the Ducks jerseys... So are these. I'd like to see a little bit different striping pattern...
- The socks also don't match the jersey's pattern...
- You're also missing the AHL branding on the back hem... And it's not supposed to be in the collar insert...
- You also have an upside down "9" on the right sleeves. You can tell, because the serif point is supposed to be on the top of the "6".
Jordan R.- Atlanta Thrashers (Defunct NHL)
Jordan continues his defunct NHL series, and brings back the Thrashers in this edition!
- I like the color scheme!
- I also like the striping pattern, and logo design. Everything has a very 70's feel to it, and somehow that works really well with the Thrashers.
- I also really like the font!
- I also like the shoulder numbers!
- I don't like how the chest stripe doesn't continue in the back...
- The NOB is also too small
- I'd also like too see the logo a little bigger.
Justin B.- Slovenia (IIHF)
We jump back out to international Hockey with Justin's design for Slovenia!
- I like the logo choices!
- The sleeve logo is also a good idea!
- I like the colored upper sleeve design as well!
- It looks like you used a different shade of green. It's supposed to be more of a lime electric green...
- I also don't like the green numbers on the white jersey. That will be very hard to read, especially without a blue outline.
- I'd also like to see a backside to these jerseys...
- The sleeve cuffs would not work, as they would be covered up by the players gloves...
Ryan C.- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
Last, but not least, we have Ryan's concept for the New Jersey Devils!
- I like the simplicity of the striping, it matches the current Devils Branding!
- I like the black numbers on both jerseys!
- I also like the red helmet!
- While the Rangers-esque wordmark on the front might be sacrilegious to some Devils Fans, I think it works well here!
- I don't like the white shoulder yoke on the red jersey... I usually like white yokes, but it doesn't fit here... A black one would have worked better.
Well that's all from me, you Tuesday writer, Chase! Come back for more!