Hello again, and welcome, Hockey Fans, to this Tuesday's post!
First off, congratulations to the Nashville Predators on making it to their first ever Stanley Cup Final! It's great for that franchise, and great for PK Subban, one of my favorite players! I do feel a little conflicted however, as the Predators might have the chance to win the Stanley Cup before any team in Minnesota has won it... But I guess there's always next year for the Wild...
Also, I don't believe this has been mentioned yet, but the SPHL team, the Fayetteville FireAntz, were recently bought by Jeff Longo and Chuck Norris. (Not that Chuck Norris though...) and on May 12th, the rebranded the team the Fayetteville Marksmen, going with Military themes.
I think it's a great update from the FireAntz, and it brings a little maturity to the SPHL!
Here's the link to the full story
And this is an interesting image that appeared on the sportslogos.net forums.
This probably came from inside the Preds team shop in Bridgestone Arena, which makes me wonder how many other teams will be changing their sweaters before next year! Has anyone else seen something like this at their team's team store recently???
On to the concepts!
Ryan C.- Carolina Hurricanes (NHL)Ryan starts us off with his Hurricanes concept!
- I really like the upper sleeve pattern!
- The number font also matches the logo very well!
- The striping pattern is also fantastic!
- Good logo choice!
- Faux shoulder yoke piping NEVER works... And in this case, it clutters the look
John E.- NHL Centennial Classic (MTL. vs OTT.)
Next up is John and his Centennial Classic match-up!
- I like the striping pattern on both jerseys!
- The pants stripe on the Sens set is great!
- I also like the slate grey color that you added to the Sens set
- While I like color-on-color matchups, this doesn't look the best. The shade of red used for the Habs is a little odd, and the design of the sweater would look better in white.
- You also should have added a little silver to the Habs since you added silver to the Senators.
FC M.- Malaysia (IIHF)
We go to international hockey for our third concept of the day, with FC's Malaysia concept as part of his ASEAN series!
- I like the striping pattern based off of their flag!
- The Chest stripe also looks good
- Unfortunately there is a lot of execution errors on both of these
- The name and numbers on the back are WAY too big
- The main logos are WAY too small
- You're missing the other TV number on the left of the backside.
- I'm also confused why there is no white jersey in the main set. Every team needs a white contrasting jersey so they can stand out against anyone, no matter who they play.
- You also have a lot of mismatching equipment on the blue jersey. It has black pants and a white helmet
- I'm not sure why there's a black jersey... It's just black for black's sake, and it doesn't look good, especially when the color scheme of red, white, yellow, and blue is already a great color scheme...
- The blue jersey also doesn't have enough yellow
- Sleeve cuffs at the very end of the sleeve are pointless, as they will be hidden under the glove. See the Winnipeg Jets, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Tampa Bay Lightning
FC M.- Malaysia 3rd (IIHF)
FC continues his ASEAN series with Malaysia's third jersey!
- I like the logo!
- Logo is too big
- See same execution errors as above
- You can also tell that you reused the the blue jersey from above, as you didn't change the back collar, Reebok box, or the socks...
Anthony C.- Ontario Reign (AHL)
Anthony gets the last three concepts of the day, starting with the Ontario Reign!
- I really like the Kings Stadium Series template for the Reign!
- Also good job on not using white pants!
- Logos are a little too small
- Same with numbers and Captains patch
- You also used two different shades of black on both uniforms. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but either way, it looks sloppy...
My rating: A good concept, but you need to focus on the little details... 7/10
Anthony C.- Canada (IIHF)Anthony's next concept is for Canada!
- I like the striping pattern based off of the WCoH!
- I also like the 1920's-esque fauxback!
- I also like the added black to the leaf pattern
- The TV numbers and Captain patches are a little small...
- The black numbers on the red jersey will be hard to read...
Anthony C.- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
Lastly we have Anthony's New Jersey Devils concept!
- I like the throwback colors!
- I also like the white hem stripe on the red jersey
- The striping pattern for the white jersey looks fantastic!
- I like that you kept the overall feel of the New Jersey Devils!
- I don't really like the striping pattern on the red jersey... Flipping the colors would have looked better...
- The TV numbers are also too small...
Well that's all from me, you Tuesday writer, Chase! Come back for more!