Also don't forget to Vote!!!
COTW Feb 3-9 vote
Pairs Comp due
On to the concepts!!!
Ben starts off the concepts for today with a concept for the Bowling Green Falcons!
- I really like the orange base for the sweater
- N&#OB fonts works really well with the sweater
- I like the striping pattern
- Good logo choices
- Logo looks a little big
- The logo also shouldn't have the trademark logo on the sweater
- N&#OB look a little small
- NOB should also have a brown outline, as the plain white will be a little hard to see
My rating: A good concept for the Falcons, but a few execution errors are holding it back. 7/10
Lucas D.- Laval Rocket (AHL)Next up we get a fix for the new Laval Rocket, the Habs latest affiliate!
- I like the simplified logo set
- I like the stripes on the arm
- Number font looks good
- That Rocket Richard patch is a little bit creepy
- I like the direction you were going in with shield there, but just Maurice as the patch is weird
My rating: A simpler fix for a team that really needs it! 8/10
Steven G.- Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Steven continues his NHL Double Series with the Chicago Blackhawks
- I'm only going to say one thing for the Ideal set, as it's pretty much identical to the current set. I LOVE the tiedown!
- I really like the combination of eras for the New Look hawks
- The striping pattern is fantastic!
- The logo is great!
- I also really enjoy the red pants for the black sweater! Black pants is also a good choice for the road jersey.
- The historical triangles on the breezers is fantastic!
- I also like the color balance on the gloves for the New look
- The New Look sweaters are a little top heavy... They could use a better tail stripe
- You should treat every concept as realistic, so having two pairs would be a logistical nightmare...
My rating: A great look either way! 9/10 and my COTW NOMINEE!!!
Mike F.- Team Belarus (IIHF)
Here we get Matt continuing his IIHF redesign!
- I like how balanced the regular jerseys are. The decision to use red pants and a green helmet looks fantastic!
- The vintage alts. also look great!
- Even though the large stripes are not equal thickness, you kept the middle stripe in the same spot for all of the jerseys. Props for consistency
- I do like the green pants for the dark alt.
- I like the flag pattern on the tail stripes and socks of the regular jerseys.
- I really like the collars on all the jerseys!
- I don't like how the sleeves of the regular sweaters don't have the flag pattern
- The flag patches are not needed...
- Every single one of the logos has a different shade of red and/or green than the one that you use on the sweaters...
My rating: A decent concept for the Belarusians, but it still needs a little bit of work... 7/10
Ryan C.- Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL; CHL)Ryan finishes off the concepts for today with a redesign of the Hamilton Bulldogs!
- I like how you got rid of white altogether!
- The simple striping looks great
- The logo is fantastic!
- It's a little too simple...
- I'd like to see gloves, and how the color balance might be affected by that
- You also forgot the CHL logo on the bottom back of the sweater
My rating: A decent looking concept, and much better than the odd penguins copies, but it's not exactly remarkable... 7/10
Well that's all from me, you Tuesday writer, Chase! Come back for more!