This is per Michael Russo of the Twin Cities (My home area) Star Tribune...
While this isn't entirely crazy, it is a change. I'm all for my team to wear road-matching green jerseys!
The craziest part however is the fact that the Oilers are making their orange jerseys the Full time homes next year. I'm really hoping they don't ditch the current whites because those are completely classic. (And one of my favorite sweaters of all time...)
Another crazy thing is the fact that the Devils are doing a uniform overhaul. THE FREAKING DEVILS!!!! As long as their classic looking, and don't go total Avs or Flames, it should be alright...
All of this is based off of sources that have been confirmed by Chris Creamer, and his very reliable sources. The teams have not had any official announcements though. (http://www.sportslogos.net/)
COTW-December vote (ends Friday @ noon Eastern)
COTW Dec 30-Jan 5 vote (ends Friday @ noon Eastern)
Americans Top 3 vote (ends Friday @ noon Eastern)
On to the concepts!!! (With the SHORT, short version!)
Kristo L.- Los Angeles Kings (NHL)
- Helmet stripe is cool
- Template is nice
- Striping on the road jersey look good
- Large, mismatching logos. The eras really clash...
- The striping patterns don't match very well either...
- Socks don't match striping pattern
- I don't like the shoulder yoke design
My rating: Presentation looks fantastic, but most of the elements clash... 6.5/10
Kristo L.- Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
- I like the more unified striping
- No arched Vancouver script looks good
- I do like the green gloves
- Green touching dark blue gets lost really easily, so the tail stripes and the shoulder yoke on the blue jersey is hard to see
- Socks don't match
- Logos are a little big
My rating: Once again Fantastic presentation, but it still needs some work... 7/10
Brooks F.- Spokane Chiefs (WHL; CHL)
- Striping patterns look fantastic!
- I really like the red jersey as the main dark color
- N&#OB look fantastic!
- White jersey could use some more blue
- Pants stripe for the main sweaters doesn't really match.
My rating: A Fantastic set!Much better than Habs copies 9/10 and my COTW NOMINEE!
Brooks F.- Tri-City Americans (WHL; CHL)
- Striping pattern is fantastic on the home and road
- Number font looks great, and does match the logo
- I do like the pants...
- I like the subtle use of silver in the main set
- Home whites could use some more blue
- The Alt doesn't fit the branding at all, and is really out there
- Silver in alt doesn't look to good...
My rating: It's a great set, but the alt doesn't really feel cohesive with the rest of the brand... 8/10
Lucas D.- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
- I like the striping pattern, and how similar it is to the current sweaters
- I like that you kept the current number font
- Arched shoulder yoke looks good, and matches the logo.
- The NOBs don't look as good without the outline
My rating: It looks good, but it's still very close to the current look... 8/10
Tyler M-S.- Washington Capitals (NHL)
- I like the matching striping pattern
- I also like the red pants
- I really like the red collar
- I really like the Unused logo
- The red logo on a blue background is very hard to see
My rating: A great looks for the Caps unused logo, but it needs something more, it's a little bland... 7.5/10
Well that's all I have for today! Sorry it was late though 😐