Welcome to this Tuesday's post!
Haven't seen much for jersey news in a while... Still waiting on all of the outdoor sweaters, and the Vegas logos...
But something that I have seen, is that the NHL has signed a 16 year deal with Fanatics to make the replica jerseys, and the championship gear for the end of the year. Fanatics says that the sweaters will fit better and feel a little better, but nothing like the NHL authentic jerseys... Eeeeehhhhh... I'm not sure how I feel about this deal... I'm just hoping the replicas won't be overly-glorified t-shirts...
Here's the story:
We also have started the voting for the Flames comp. and we have the Normal COTW comp. to vote for those!!!
COTW vote Oct 21-27 (ends Friday @ noon Eastern)
Calgary Flames ReDesign Top 5 vote (ends Friday @ noon Eastern)
On to the concepts!!!
Cole W.- Calgary Cowboys (What-if NHL)Cole continues his What-If NHL series, and has a new update to the Calgary Cowboys!
- This color scheme works really well!
- I really like the shoulder patches
- The number font isn't exactly western, and feels out of place... Especially when the Captains patch is right above the logo
- The NOB is also a little too small
- I also don't like how these jerseys look a lot like the Calgary Flames current jerseys... You had some more original striping pattern in previous sets that you could still use here...
My rating: A good continuation of the series, but it lost some originality from the last set... 7/10
Emin Z.- Ottawa Senators (NHL)
Emin here redesigns the Sens using some brand new colors!
- I like the Laurel leaf pattern making a comeback!
- The Old number font also looks great, and I like how the TV#s are on the shoulders
- I also like how the helmet decals are a little more advanced than normal
- I'm not sure what a bird has to do with the Sens, but the logo looks pretty cool!
- I'm not sure where this color scheme comes from, because Roman imperial colors would be purple and gold. You have Maroon, brown and orange, which makes everything WAY to dark...
- I do like the adidas logo to make it more realistic, but It would not be in the front, and certainly would not take the place of the captain patches
- I also don't like how the captain patches are in colored boxes... Those are unnecessary, and make the jersey look busier
- Helmets are usually the darker color, or they match the jersey, so the orange helmets look out of place
My Rating: It's a good update on the Sens who badly need one, but there's still a few things missing... 7.5/10
Lucas D.- Nashville Predators (NHL)
Lucas creates another white jersey for the Nashville Predators!
- I really like the subtle checkerboard pattern!!
- I also like all of the throwback elements for the jersey, it feels like a combination of eras. Just wonderful!!!
- The more yellow the better!!
- Not much, but the numbers do look a little out of place, an update to those would be amazing
My rating: A fantastic jersey! 9/10
Steven G.- Minnesota Wild (NHL Double-Series)
Steven is doing a double series where he does his Ideal look, which is one the right, and the a New Look on the left for all the NHL teams. Here he does the Minnesota Wild!
- Ideal: I really like how you kept the exact same road jersey. It's definitely in the top 3 NHL road jerseys, so good choice not changing it!
- Ideal: The green sweater with the Bear-Head Logo looks great!!!
- Ideal: I really like the gloves! I've always enjoyed that look on the gloves!
- New: I really like the half and half look of the home sweater!
- Both: I also like the shoulder patches on all the sweaters
- New: The tree pattern on the road is also very cool
- New: The using old number font was a great choice
- Ideal: I really wish that you would have kept the script-mark somewhere... Probably on the helmet, like it is now...
- New: The Road just doesn't match the home enough. I know that the Wilds current jerseys don't match, but they do a little more than these do...
- New: Not a big fan of the Red helmet...
My rating: These are fantastic, and a little Wild! (Insert wink emoji here) I can't wait to see more teams!!! 9.5/10 AND MY COTW NOMINEE!!!!
Mike F.- Adler Mannheim (Spengler Cup)
Mike continues his redesign of the Spengler Cup series. (For those who don't know, it's an invitational tournament held in Davos, Switzerland every year)
- I really like the red helmet!
- The template looks great, and works well with this team too...
- I also like the red team names, and N&#OB of the white jersey
- These look a little too much like the Finnish National team... The blue sweater needs a lot more red...
My rating: A very solid concept that works great with the tournament Idea, but needs a little adjustment 8/10
Well that's all for today! Don't forget to vote!!!